GUIDELINES TO INVIGILATORS AND STUDENTS ON CBT HARMATTAN SEMESTER GENERAL STUDIES EXAMINATION, 2016/2017 SESSION
The Harmattan Semester Examination for General Studies Courses will begin on February 27, 2017 and end on 1st March, 2017. The examination will be by CBT mode. There are going to be two sessions daily-Morning and Afternoon.
- The Morning session begins at 8:30am prompt each day. Students should be at the Auditorium at least 30 minutes before examination commences to be checked in after they have been certified to be qualified to write the examination.
- The accredited students will sit down in the Auditorium from where they will be checked into the ICT Centre in batches to write their examination.
- Once a student has been checked into the Auditorium, she/he may not go out until it is her/his turn to move to the examination venue (ICT Centre).
- Students are advised to follow the instructions on the questions very carefully to avoid committing errors that may negatively affect their performance in the examination.
- Telephone sets and writing materials should not be taken into the examination venue.
- As it is for all examinations in the University, students will not be cleared to write the examination if they are found not have the following:
(a) Examination Docket
(b) Student Identity Card
(c) Course Form showing that the student registered for the particular GNS course.
(d) Any other document(s) that may be required by the Examinations Office.
- Any form of student-to-student communication once students are seated for the examination will be treated as a case of examination misconduct.
Students should therefore direct ALL their enquiries on the examination to the INVIGILATORS ONLY.
- INVIGILATORS are enjoined to be at the ICT venue of the examination at least 30 minutes before the commencement of the examination.
- Afternoon session will run from 1.30pm-3.45pm and 4.30pm to 6.00pm, with a break in between for Asri prayer.
As with the morning session, affected students will first report in front of the Auditorium for necessary checking before they enter the Auditorium to await their turn for the examination.
- ALL STUDENTS SHOULD ENSURE THAT THEY SIGN THE ATTENDANCE REGISTERS FOR THE EXAMINATIONS.
The General Studies Unit wishes all the students success in their examinations.
Dr. R.K. Omoloso