The Academic Planning Unit was established in August 2006. It operates in the Vice-Chancellor’s Office. The Unit’s pioneer Acting Director was Dr. A.O.Y. Raji. The current Acting Director is Dr. R.K. Omoloso, assisted by two Planning Officers-Mr. M.B. Taiwo and Mrs. J.A. Afolayan. The Ag. Director of the Unit is directly responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the Unit.
The Functions of the Academic Planning Unit include:
- To guide and monitor the University’s activities in accordance with the statutory goals, mission and vision of the University.
- To ensure the most economical arrangement and operation which guarantee the achievement of high quality in the academic programming of the University.
- Enrolment Projection and Assessment needs as basis for resource allocation in the University
- Using information on University academic materials and facilities for planning
- Preparation of National Universities Commission (NUC) Annual Estimates for the University
- Annual updating, analysis and interpretation of data for the planning, preparation of the University Budget and subsequent resource allocation within the ambit of the Approved Budget
- Analyzing and monitoring of resources allocation and utilization within the University
- Searching/Soliciting for Fellowships, Scholarships, Technical Assistance, External Aids etc for staff to enhance teaching, research and development
- Determination of adequate staff strength and requirement to guide against any possible excess staffing and its attendant results
- Sourcing for linkages and collaborations with other Universities/ Institutions/Organizations in order to facilitate interaction across the globe
- General distribution and administration of the Direct Teaching and Laboratory Cost Allocation to departments and rendering adequate feedback to NUC
- Preparation of the University Rolling Plans in conjunction with the Physical Planning/Works Unit
- Preparation of Strategic Plan and ensuring University’s compliance with the provisions of the Plan in its implementation
- Preparation, implementation and general review of Academic Brief
- Continuous evaluation of academic programmes, rationalization of courses, merging/splitting of departments/units
- Participating in University curricular revision and ensuring that University complies with procedures and guidelines on new programme development
- Interacting with Nigerian University system Management Portal (NUSMAP).
- Rendering secretarial and academic services for the allocation of Teaching and Research Equipment Grant (TREG), Direct Teaching and Laboratory Cost (DTLC).
- Analyzing utilization of allocated resources to various aspects of University operation such as academic and material resources (laboratories, classes, offices and other facilities)
- Coordination of Accreditation and Re-accreditation of academic programmes and ensuring adherence to NUC Minimum Academic Standard (Quality Assurance)
- Appraisal and processing of requests for affiliation from other tertiary institutions
- Preparation, computerization and publication of data on students admission, enrolment projections and determination of Full-Time Education (FTE)
- Preparation of Digest of Statistics
- Collection, analysis and interpretation of University’s annual and trend statistics for both internal and external consumption
- Computerization and dissemination of data required as input for planning purposes
- University Data Bank
- Liaising with the National Universities Commission on matters concerning the University.
For enquiries, contact: 08035061088, 08062727097, 08032094311