PREAMBLE: Over the years, some students of Al-Hikmah do not graduate at record time while others end up in Third Class or Pass degree due to weak or poor grades. To reduce spillover rate and make students graduate with good class of degree, Senate, in its wisdom, adopted the Summer programme.
TARGET PARTICIPANTS & DURATION: Summer runs for eight (8) weeks (i.e 7 weeks-instruction & 1 week exam). The programme is (currently) designed for the following categories of undergraduates:
- Students that registered and obtained “F” grade in certain course(s) durring the current (2017/18) or previous academic session(s);
- Students that could not for certain course(s) due to excess credit load in current or previous academic session(s);
- Students that obtained weak grades of “D”, “E” or “F” grade in certain courses previously, but now wish to improve on/remedy such grades;
- Students with CGPA of 1.40-1.49 who were either on probation or advised to withdraw (i.e not in Good Academic Standing) during the 2017/18 or previous academic session;
- Those 400 Level who, for certain reasons would not complete and submit their Final Year Projects on or before Monday, July 16th, 2018.
ELIGIBILITY: Summer is open to all students wit deficiencies in certain courses at ll levels upon payment of the sum of N50,000 only per course ( 2 courses: N100,000 etc.). Only registered students during the 2017/18 academic session can enroll in 2018 Summer programme.
PAYMENT FORMAT: Payment is on-line, in favour of “AL-HIKMAH UNIVERSITY ILORIN SUMMER SCHOOL” UBA Account number: 1019731594. There after student must collect official payment receipt at Bursary Dept. No part -payment of Summer fees, please, and no refund shall be made for over-payment for courses.
REGISTRATION TIME-LINE: The on-line Summer Course registration (maximum – 16 units) commences Tuesday 7th August and ends Friday 31st August 2018. Summer Lectures runs from 7th August to 22nd September (7 weeks); Revision: 23rd – 29th September 2018 (1 week). Summer examination begins Tuesday, 2nd October,2018.
Conclusion: Summer is quite beneficial. The outcome of 2016 and 2017 Summer results showed over 300 potential spillover students have graduated while many lower level students with weak CG-PA are now in good academic standing. Parents/Sponsors of weak students are hereby advised to enlist their wards for 2018 Summer programme to avoid the pains of probation, withdrawal or spillover. Thank you.
For enquiries contact:
Prof. A.O.Y Raji(Director): 08067990090
Admin. Officer/Secretary: 08069392442
Direct Line: 08115690998
Dr. (Chief) Mrs. R.M Oladimeji
Registrar & Secretary to Council