I. PERSONAL DATA
- NAME: OLADIMEJI, LATEEF FOLORUNSHO
- DATE/PLACE OF BIRTH: April 9th 1963/ Somolu, Lagos
- PRESENT CONTACT ADDRESS: Department of Islamic Studies, Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin
- MARITAL STATUS: Married
- NO AND E-MAIL ADDRESS: Telephone: 08037053812, 08056406874 e-mail Address: [email protected] [email protected]
- DATE OF FIRST APPOINTMENT: 2nd February, 2006
- STATUS ON FIRST APPOINTMENT: Lecturer I
- PRESENT STATUS/ INSTITUTION: Senior Lecturer/ Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin
- POST/RANK APPLIED FOR: Professor
- DEPARTMENT: Islamic Studies
- FACULTY: Humanities and Social Sciences
II. EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED (With Dates):
- University of Ilorin, Ilorin (1983,-1987, 1988-1989, 1989-1995, 1995-2005)
- Lagos Sec. Com. Academy (LASCA) (1975-1981) WAEC
- L.S.M.B. School, Oko-Ode (1969-1975) Primary School Leaving Cert.
III. ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS (With Dates)
(a) Pure Academic Qualifications
- Doctor of Philosophy 2005
- Master of Arts (M.A) 1989
- Bachelor of Arts (B. A. Hons) 1987
(b) Professional Qualifications
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) 2000
- Masters of Public Administration. (MPA) 1995
- Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPM) 2005
- Teachers Registration Council (TRC) Certificate Reg. No. 000034 2005
- Certificate in Computer Appreciation by DBI, a Federal Government Sponsored
Advanced Digital Appreciation Programme-Tertiary, (ADAPT) September 3-7 2007
SCHOLARSHIPS AND PRIZES N/A
HONOURS, DISTINCTIONS AND FELLOWSHIPS:
- Winner of the 1987 Islamic Publications Bureau Award for the Best
- Student in Islamic Studies, Department of Religions, University of Ilorin. 1987
- Winner of the Unilorin Alumni Postgraduate Award for Islamic Studies 1988
- Fellow, Chartered Public Administrators of England and Wales 2012
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Personnel Management 2016
MEMBERSHIP OF LEARNED SOCIETIES/PROFESSIONALBODIES
- Member, African Association for the Study of Religions (AASR);
- Member, American Academy of Religion (AAR) Membership no Z1003
- Member, Nigerian Association of Teachers of Arabic and Islamic Studies (NATAIS) as NEC member from 1998-2006
- Member, Nigerian Association for the Study of Religions and Education (NASRED), National Vice-President (West);
- Member, Nigerian Association for the Study of Religions (NASR).
- Member, Nigerian University Scholars of Religions (NUSREL)
VII. LENGTH OF TEACHING: 26 years (14 years at the C.O.E. Oro and 12years in Al-Hikmah University)
VIII. EXPERIENCE SINCE BASIC QUALIFICATION/CAREER PROGRESSION:
WORKING EXPERIENCE POSTHELD DATE
(a) Crescent Nursery/Primary School,
1004 Flats, Victoria Island, Lagos Teaching Assistant 1981-1983
(b) Dept. of Religions, University of Ilorin Corper Lecturer 1987-1988
(c) People’s Bank of Nigeria, Ilorin Branch Admin Officer 1990-1992
(d) Kwara State College of Education, Oro Snr. Lecturer & HOD 1992-2005
(e) Al-Hikmah University “ “ “ 2005-Date
IX: RESEARCH OUTPUTS
- Oladimeji, L. F. (2018). “Utilizing the Benefits of Ramadan for All Round Transformation” A Guest Lecture Delivered at the 3rd Annual Ramadan Lecture organized by the Oko-Ode Descendants Union on Sunday 27th May, 2018 (Ramadan 11, 1439AH) At Beleke Central Mosque, Suru-Lere, Lagos.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (2012). “Causes, Effects and Challenges of Divorce in the Society: An Islamic Viewpoint”. A lecture at a symposium marking the Bi-aanual Conference of the International Federation of Women Lawyers Federation International De Abogadas (FIDA), Kwara State chapter on Tuesday 23rd February, 2012 at Roemichs International School, Ilorin.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (2010). “Pataki Ipo Imaamu ninu Islaam”, A Public Lecture delivered at the Turbanning Ceremony of New Chief Imam of Owode Ofaro in Ifelodun Local Government of Kwara State on Saturday 5th June, 2010.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (2010). “An Assessment of the Environmental Impact on the Dacwah activities of the Jama’atut Tabligh”. A Paper Presented at the 4th International Conference of the African Association for the study of Religions. (AASR) between 17th-21st January, 2010 at Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Osun State.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (2009). “A Study on the Impact of Religious Education among Muslims in Nigeria, a Technical Report of a Study Sponsored by and Submitted to the Cultural Attache of Embassy of Islamic Republic of Iran, Ikoyi Lagos, November, 2009.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (2009). “The Role of Islamic Culture to Human Development”, being a contribution to a Symposium at a One-Day Seminar organized by the Cultural Attach of the Embassy of Islamic Republic of Iran, Ikoyi Lagos, on Thursday 12th March, 2009.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (2009). “Utilizing the Institution of Zakat for Economic Empowerment and Poverty Eradication among Muslims in Nigeria”. A Paper Presented at the Zakaat Workshop in Sudan, Organized by the High Institute of Zakat Sciences in Sudan between 22nd-23rd Jumada-Thaani 1430A.H. 15th -16th 2009.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (2009). “Moon-Sighting & The Unity of Muslims in Nigeria”. A Paper Presented at the 28th Annual Conference of the Nigeria Association for Teachers of Arabic & Islamic Studies, (NATAIS) between 10th-14th August, 2009 at the Osun State University, Osogbo, Osun State.
- Oladimeji L.F. (2001) “Islam and Politics: A Reflection”, Being a contribution to a Hijrah Magazine of the Ridwanullah Islamic Society of Nigeria (RISEN), pp. 32-35.
COURSES TAUGHT (in the last 3 years):
(a) At the Undergraduate Level:
|Course Code||Course Title||No of Credits|
|General Introduction to Islam
Prophets of Islam
At Taharah (Purification I Islam)
Islamic Fundamentals (Hajj)
Classical Foundations of Islamic Civilization & Culture
Basic Concepts in Islam
The Umayyad Period in Islam
Islamic World Today
Modern Development of Islam II
The Islamic Economic System
The Place of Mosques in Islam
Islam in the Maghrib & Spain up to 1500CE
Research Methods in Islamic Studies
Status of Women I Islam
The Muslim Philosophers
Social Institutions in Islam
Modern Reforming Movements in Islam
Governance & Public Admin in Islam
Islamic Culture & Festivals
Arab Civilization & Philosophy
(b) At the Postgraduate Level:
|Course Code||Course Title||No of Credits|
|Dacwah and Trans-National Islamic Movement
Islamic Development in Africa
GUIDANCE AND SUPERVISION OF POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH
Area of Specialization: Dacwah, Trans-National Islamic Movements and Contemporary Islam
List of M.A. Projects Supervised and Names of Students:
|S/N||Name||Year||Matric No.||Title of M.A. Dissertation|
|1.||Amao Isiaka Babatunde||2018||16/06IS003||An Appraisal of Zakat Administration Strategy in Oorelope Local Government of Oyo State.|
|2.||Muhammed Nasir Ayodeji||2018||12/01IS013||An Expository Work on the Mistakes and Fallacies contained in the Doctrine of the Shi’tes.|
|3.||Jimoh Atolagbe Issah||2018||16/06IS011||Interest- Free Cooperative Society as Antidote to Poverty Alleviation among Muslims: A Case Study of some selected Cooperative Societies in Ilorin Metropolis.|
|4.||Idris Saadat Ahmad||2018||16/06IS004||Causes and Islamic Solutions to Domestic Violence among Muslim Couples in Ilorin West Local Government Area of Kwara State.|
|5.||Ogamija Shuaib Abdulsalam||2017||07/01IS035||The Role of Islamic Scholars in curbing Corrupt Practices in Kwara State|
|6.||Aminu Yakubu||2017||15/06IS008||The Effects of Divorce of Muslim Couples on the life of Children; A case study of Numan L.G.A. of Adamawa State.|
|7.||Abubakar Adebayo Abdullateef||2017||15/06IS001||An Assessment of Dacwah Programmes of selected Radio Stations in Ilorin, Kwara State.|
|8.||Nageri Rasheed Mohammed||2017||11/01IS035||A Comparative Study of Effort on Religious Propagation among Muslims and Christian.|
|9.||Muhammad Bashir Ahmad||2017||11/01IS048||Dacwah institute of Nigeria, the Journey so far; A case study of Niger State.|
|10.||Miftaudeen Muhammad Jamiu||2017||15/06IS003||A Study of the Islamic Teachings on Agriculture as a means of ensuring Sustainable Economic Growth in Nigeria.|
|11.||Ibrahim Saidu||2016||14/06IS009||Islamic Perspective on Drug Abuse and Intoxicants in the Society: Baruten L.G.A. Kwara State, as a case study.|
|12.||Hamzah, Muhammad Nafiu||2016||14/06IS012||Factors Militating against the Ideal Practice of Islam in Ondo State, Nigeria.|
- ‘’Da’wah Trends in Islam: A case study of the Jama’atut Tabligh in Nigeria’’, Ph.D Thesis submitted to the Department of Religions, University of Ilorin, 2005.
- ‘’The Multi-dimensional Themes in the story of Prophet Yusuf: Qur’anic and Biblical Accounts’’, M.A. Dissertation submitted to the Department Religions, University of Ilorin, 1989.
- ‘’Life and works of Musa Ajibola Abdul’’, a Bachelor of Arts (BA Hons) Long Essay submitted to the Department of Religions, University of Ilorin, 1987.
PUBLISHED JOURNAL ARTICLES:
- Oladimeji, L.F. (2016). “Muslim Youths as Vanguard Against Corruption in Nigeria”, Journal of University Scholars in Religions (JUSREL), University of Jos. Issue 6, PP. 89-100.
- Oladimeji, L. F. and Sanusi, H.B. (2014). “Islamic University Teachers as Role Models: Discourse on Duties and Responsibilities using Al-Hikmah University as case Study’’, Al-Ijtihad. The Journal of the Islamization of knowledge and contemporary issues, The International Institute of Islamic Thought (IIIT), PP. 94 – 110.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (2012). “Jamacatut-Tabligh in Nigeria: A Historical Perspective” AD-DIRAYAH International Journal of Islamic Studies (DIJIS), Nassarawa State University, Keffi, Nigeria, Vol. 1, No. 1, PP. 67 – 88.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (2012). “From Visionary to Missionary: The Biography of Muhammad llyas, Founder of the Jama’atut Tabligh’’, AL-LAHW Journal of Arabic and Islamic Studies, University of Madiguri, 11, No. 10, pp 251-273.
- Oladimeji, L. F. & B.A. Ajijola (2012). “An assessment of the Impact of Da’wah Through Electronic and Social Media Among Muslims in Nigeria’’, AL-HIKMAH JOURNAL OF THE HUMANITIES, Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin. Vol. 1, No. 1 & 2, PP. 119 – 133.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (2010) “Lessons from the Story of Prophet Yusuf to the Modern Times” Al-Asaalah Journal of Arabic and Islamic Studies, Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin, Vol. 1, No. 7, p. 1 – 13.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (2009), “Terrorism from Historical Perspective”. Springboard Journal, Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin. No. Vol 2, 2009 pp. 63-72.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (2008) “Women in Da’wah: Changes in Gender-Specific Spheres in the Propagation Efforts of the Jama’atut Tabligh in Nigeria” University of Maiduguri. Journal of Women Studies, University of Maiduguri, (UMAJOWS) 1, pp.68-75.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (2007) “Roaming About for God’s Sake: The Upsurge of the Jam’atut Tabiligh in Nigeria”, DEGEL, Journal of Islamic Studies, Usmanu Dan Fodiyo University, Sokoto. Vol.VII, No.2, p. 52-73.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (2005) “An Exposition on the Multi-Dimensional Themes in the Qur’anic Story of Prophet Yusuf” Dacwah Highlights, Journal of Islamic University, Islamabad, Pakistan, Vol. XVI, Issue 8, pp.22-30.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (2003) “Life and Contributions of Musa Abdul to the Growth and Development of Arabic and Islamic Education in Nigeria”, Journal of Department of Religious Studies (JARS), University of Ilorin, Nigeria, Vol. 15, September, pp.1-16.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (2002). “The Arabic and Islamic Studies Teacher as a Role Model; His Role and Responsibilities Nigerian Association of Teachers of Arabic and Islamic Studies (NATAIS) Journal, M.A. Muhibbu-Din (ed) Vol. 6, No. 2, p. 79-84.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (1999-2000) “Tabligh Movement in Nigeria: Conceptions and Misconceptions”, Journal of Faculty of Islamic Studies and Arabic (JOFISA), University of Peshawar, Pakistan, Vol. 5, Issue 1, pp.73-97.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (1998-99) “The Place of Myth and Legendary Accounts in the Understanding of the Qur’an: A Case Study of Surutul-Yusuf, Journal of Faculty of Islamic Studies and Arabic (JOFISA), University of Peshawar, Pakistan, Vol. 4 issue 11, pp. 92-105.
- AUTHOR/CO-AUTHORED CHAPTER IN EDITED BOOK:
- Oladimeji, L.F. (2016). “Analytical Review of Fada’il Acmal (The Magnum Opus of the Jamacatut-Tabligh), Y. O. Imam & others (ed), Dynamics of Revealed knowledge and Human Sciences, Essays in Honour of Professor Is-haq Oloyede, Lagos, Spectrum Book Limited, PP. 158 – 183.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (2016). “The Influence of Jamacatut Tabligh on the Gambian and Nigerian Youth”, Ibrahim A. Jawando & others (ed), Africa and other continents since the 19th Century (A Festschrift in Honour of Professor Rashid Oladoja Lasisi), Ghana, University of Cape Coast Press, PP. 645 – 663.
- Oladimeji, L. F. & Azeez, R.O. (2014). “An Exposition on the ‘Six Points’ of Tabligh as Islamic Recipe for National Security and Development in Nigeria’’, Bello-Imam (ed), National Security and Development in Contemporary Nigeria, Vol. 1, Ibadan College Press, Pp. 77 – 95.
- Oladimeji, L.F. & Suraju, S. B. (2014). “Violence, Social Disorder and Leadership Challenges in Nigeria: Islamic Perspectives’’, L. O. Salami & others (ed), The Humanities and Leadership in Nigeria, Faculty of Arts, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, PP 241 – 256.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (2013). “Islam and Inter-Faith Relations in Ilorin: A case study of the Kwara State Committee on Religious Matters’’, AGAS Oladosu & others (ed), Ilorin: History, Culture and Peaceful Co-existence, Ilorin, Centre for Ilorin Studies, Unilorin, Unilorin Press, PP. 63-87.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (2013). “A Discourse on the Education and Human Capital Development in Nigeria’’, in Femi Adedina et al (ed). Religion and National Development (Festschrift in Honour of Dr. L. O. Jimoh), Vol. 1, Lagos State University, Lagos, Gazelle Books, pp. 233-256.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (2013). “Introduction to Islamic Philosophy’’ in R.O. Lasisi & others (ed) Essential Topics in General Studies for Undergraduate, a publication of General Studies Unit (GNS), AL-Hikmah University, Ilorin, p. 20-33.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (2013). “Religion as a Factor in the Transformation Agenda in Nigeria: Islamic Perspectives’’, Bello-Imam (ed) President Jonathan’s Transformation Agenda: An Assessment, Ibadan, College Press Ltd, P.424-441.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (2012). “Religious Experiences as a Recipe for Christian/Muslim Dialogue in Nigeria”, JAMIU S M and others (ed), Religious Experiences in a Multi-Religious State, Kwara State University, (KWASU) Malete, pp. 273-280.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (2010). “Modern Trends and Challenges of Chieftaincy Titles among Muslims in Southwest Nigeria’’, Tunde Babawale & others (ed.). The Chieftaincy Institution in Africa, Lagos, Centre for Black and African Civilization (CBAAC), Lagos: Concept Publications, pp. 353-362.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (2009), “Shariah Practice in Nigeria: A re-Examination of its Appelate Jurisdiction” in Amidu, O. Sani & others (ed) Transformation in Arabic and Islamic Studies in Nigeria. Nigerian Association of Teachers of Arabic and Islamic Studies (NATAIS) Publication. P. 133 – 149.
- Oladimeji, L. F. & Kareem O.R. (2009), “Food Security Policy and Implementation Strategy of the Musa Yar’adua Administration in Nigeria” in I.B. Bello – Imam & co. (ed), Yar’adua’s Seven-Point Agenda: An Assessment, Ibadan: College Press & Publishers Ltd., p. 81 – 98.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (2009). “A Discourse on Islamic Solution to the spread of HIV/AIDS Scourge in Nigeria”, in Yahya O. Imam (ed) Religion and Health Sciences, Association for the study of the interplay between Religion and Science (ASIRS), University of Maiduguri, 99-108.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (2007) “The Tabligh Movement and Jehovah’s Witnesses in Nigeria: A Comparative Analysis of Propagation Strategy” in Z. I. Oseni (ed.) The Florescence of Arabic and Islamic Studies in Nigeria: Festschrift of Late Professor W. O. A. Nasiru, Ibadan, Heinemann Publications, pp. 90-91.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (2007), “The Impact of the Islamic Vacation Courses of the Muslim Students Society of Nigeria (MSSN) on the Youths in Nigeria” in Adetona L. M. (ed.) Islamic Studies in Contemporary Nigeria; Problem and Prospects, Lagos State University, Lagos, Romio Concepts, pp. 79-92.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (2007), “The Role of the Jama-catul Tabligh in the Promotion of Adult and Non-Formal Education among Muslims in Nigeria, “in M. A. Muhibbu-Din (ed.), Education Crisis in Nigeria Arabic and Islamic Studies Perspectives, NATAIS Publication, p.16-28.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (2006) “Globalisation as a Phenomenon from the Islamic Perspective”, M A Muhibbu-din (ed), Globalisation and Terrorism: The Response of Islamic Scholarship, Nigerian Association of Teachers of Arabic and Islamic Studies (NATAIS) Publication, pp. 74-82.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (2006) “A Sociological Analysis of Experiences of Selected Jama’atul Tabligh in the Nigerian Society”, in Ade Dopamu (ed.) et.al. Religion and Science in the Service of Humanity, Local Societies Initiative (LSI), pp.390-400.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (2006), “Introduction to Muslim Philosophy”, in Perspectives in Islamic Studies for Tertiary Institutions, S. I. Arikewuyo (ed.), Ilorin Department of Islamic Studies, Kwara State College of Education, Ilorin, pp. 186-197.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (2005) “Girl-Child Maturity from the Islamic Perspective” in Religion and Child Development, A. Folorunsho et al Nigerian Association of Religions and Education ( NASRED) Publication, pp. 222-232.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (2005) “An Appraisal of the Place of Shari-cah in the Nigeria Constitution” in Shari-cah in a Multi-Faith Nigeria, Nigerian Association of Teachers of Arabic and Islamic Studies (NATAIS), M. A. Muhibbu-Din (ed.), pp. 25-32.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (2004) “Nigeria Muslim Leaders and Nation-Building: A Case Study of Sultan Sir Abubakar Sidiq III (1903-1988)”, in Religion, Leadership and Society, Ade Dopamu et al (ed.) NASR, pp. 149-159.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (2004) “A Discourse on the Islamic Concept of Prophethood as an Instrument of Communal Development” in Religion and Community,A. Folorunsho et al (ed.) NASRED, pp. 182-191.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (1995) “Moral and Spiritual Lessons in the Story of Prophet Yusuf”: Perspective in Religious Studies, 1, R. A. Raji (ed.), Unilorin Press, p. 193-202.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (2008). “Introduction to Hadith”, Study Material (CA 103) for Undergraduate Students of National Open University (NOUN), 53 pages.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (2007). “Government and Nigerian Legal System”, Study Pack on Foundation II, Diploma Students of Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPMN), 77 pages.
- Oladimeji, L. F. (2006). “Introduction to the Qur’an”. Study Material (CA 101) for Undergraduate Students of National Open University (NOUN), 87 pages.
- Oladimeji, L. F. and Fatimah A. Jimoh (2012). “Reflections on the Attitude of some Nigerian Pilgrims during Hajj Operations”. Being a Conference Proceedings at a 2-Day National Conference on Hajj, organized by the Cultural Attache office, Royal Embassy of Saudi-Arabia-Abuja, in Collaboration with Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria (Islamic Studies Section). Theme: “Pilgrimage in Islam and Nigerian Pilgrims”. Pp 156-164
ACCEPTANCE OF ARTICLE FOR PUBLICATION
- Oladimeji, L. F. and Akinnubi, P.O. (2018). “The Role of Religion in the Management of Universal Basic Education Programme in Kwara State, Journal of History and International Relations (AJHIR), Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin, Vol. 4, No. 1.
CONFERENCES, SEMINARS & WORKSHOPS ATTENDED (With Dates):
- Association of Vice-Chancellors of Nigerian Universities in Collaboration with Redeemers University, Ede. 33rd AVVNU Conference held between August 26th-29th Theme: “Revitalization of University Education in Nigeria”
- “An Assessment of Islamic Models of Peaceful Co-Existence in a Multi-Faith Nigeria”, Being a Lead Paper presented at a 2-day International Conference Organized by the Inter-Religious Council, University of Ilorin-Nigeria. Theme: “Peaceful Co-Existence Among Adherents of Different Religions: A Panacea for National Integration and Development” between Monday 25th-Wednesday 27th June, 2018.
- A 2-Day Workshop on the theme: Basic Teaching and Assessment Skills for Lecturers in Al-Hikmah University” organized by Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin. between 20th -21st February, 2018.
- 1st West Africa Joint Scientific Conference on Environmental Health. Organized by the Kwara State University, Malete, Kwara State. Theme: “Environmental Health: An Effective Tool for Achieving Sustainable Development Goals” between 12th -16th March, 2017.
- The Role of Muslim Organizations in the Global Economic Recession: A Case Study of the Welfare Microfinance Bank in Ilorin”, Being a Paper presented at the Nigerian Association of Teachers of Arabic and Islamic Studies (NATAIS) 35th National Conference held at Lagos State University between 24th-29th December, 2017.
- 4th International Conference on Islamic Universities organized by the International Institute of Islamic Thought (IIIT) at Fountain University Osogbo, Osun State between 7th -9th October, 2017. Theme: “Islamic Universities: Integration of Knowledge and Sustainability”:
- National Conference of the Nigerian University Scholars of Religions (NUSREL) held at the Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin between 20th and 24th March 2017. Theme; RELIGION AND PUGNACITY.
- Thematic Workshop on Islamic Banking in Africa organized by the International Research training Institute (IRTI), in collaboration with the University of Ilorin, Nigeria and Al-Hikmah University, Nigeria. Presented a paper. Date: January 6th – 8th, 2015.
- A 3-Day Workshop on the Theme: Pedagogical Principles, Methods and Techniques for Academic Staff of Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin between 20th -22nd October, 2015.
- Conference of Islam in Nigeria (COIN) organized by the Nigeria. Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA) in Collaboration with Islamic Welfare Foundation (IWF) between 24th-26th November, 2014. Theme: Islam and the Nigerian State: A Centenary of Bridging Theocracy and Secularism. Presented a paper titled: Islam in Nigeria and the Nigerian Muslims: A Paradoxical Analysis.
- 1st National Conference by the Centre for Ilorin Studies (CILS) University of Ilorin between 26th and 29th May, 2013. Theme: ‘’Ilorin: History, Culture and Lessons of Peaceful Co-existence’’. .
- 1st National Conference of the College of the Humanities, Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin held between 12th and 15th May, 2013. Theme: ‘’National Security and Development in Contemporary Nigeria’’. .
- NATAIS 31st Annual National Conference, held between 10th -13th April, 2013, at the Kwara State College of Arabic and Islamic Legal Studies (CAILS), Ilorin. Theme: ‘’National Security from Arabic and Islamic Perspectives’’.
- Paper Presented at a 2-day National Conference on hajj, organized by the Cultural Attache of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in collaboration with the Islamic Studies Unit of the Ahmadu Bello University Zaria between 24th–28th March, 2012. .
- International Conference on Islamic Banking and Finance organized in commemoration of the 4th Founders Day by Crescent University, Abeokuta between March 20th – 22nd, 2010. Theme: Global Economic Meltdown: Islamic Banking as alternative.
- Resource Person at a 2-day Maiden Workshop on Islamization of Knowledge organized by the International Institute of Islamic Thought (IIIT) in collaboration with the Islamic Education Trust (I.E.T) held at the University of Lagos between 16th-18th March, 2012.
- 30th Annual National Conference of the Nigeria Association for Teachers of Arabic and Islamic Studies (NATAIS) at the University of Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State between 5th – 8th March, 2012.
- 4th African Association for the Study of Religious (AASR) Regional International Conference held between Sunday 17th-Thursday 21st January, 2010 at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. Theme: Religion and Environment for Sustainable Development in Africa. Presented a Paper Titled “An Assessment of the Environmental Factor in the Da’wah of the Jama’tut Tabligh”
- 1st International Conference of the Collaboration of Education Facilities in West Africa (CEFWA), held at the University of Ilorin between Tuesday 8th – Friday 11th February, 2010. Conference Theme: Higher Education and Globalisation. Presented a Paper Titled “An Analysis of Implications of Educational Policies and Strategies on Human Resources Development in Nigeria”.
- A 2–Day Workshop on University Ranking and Accreditation Organized by the National Universities Commission (NUC) Abuja. 6th -9th June 2009.
- 1st Biennial Conference on: Human Security in African Context organized by the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library. 5th-6th March, 2009 at the Conference Centre, Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Complex, Abeokuta, Ogun State.
- International Conference on the Legacy of the Qur’an Organised by Islamic Publication and Research Development, Tripoli, Libya, 2nd-4th March, 2009.
- International Conference on Religion and Ethics, Organised by the Faculty of Arts and Jurisprudence, University of Tehran, Iran, 7-9th October, 2008.
- NATAIS Annual National Conference, 19th – 22nd August 2008: OC at Government Teachers College, Gombe, Gombe State, Theme: “Islamic Economic System for Nigeria”
- National Conference on Chieftaincy Institution in Nigeria, organized by the Department of History, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. April 9 & 10, 2008.
- NATAIS Annual Conference, October 3rd – 7th 2007 at the University of Ibadan, Theme: Islamic and Democracy”.
- The 3rd AASR Conference held at the University of Botswana, Gaborone between 8th-14th July, 2007, Conference Theme: “Religion and HIV/AIDS in Africa” Presented a Paper Titled “The Islamic Recipe for HIV/AIDS among Muslims in Nigeria”.
- NATAIS Annual Conference, 29th December 2005 -2nd January 2006 at Uthman Danfodio University, Sokoto, Theme: “Terrorism and Arabic/ Islamic Education”.
- NATAIS 25th National Conference held between 6th -8th November, 2006 at the National Mosque, Abuja, Theme: “The Muslim Woman and the Challenges of Contemporary Society”.
- NATAIS Annual Conference, 28th August – 1st September, 2006 at the University of Maiduguri, Theme: “The Shari-cah in A Multi-Faith Nigeria”.
- NASRED Annual National Conference held at Federal College of Education Abeokuta, between 5th-9th June 2006, Theme: “Revisioning Modernity in the eyes of Religion”.
- Conference on Religion and Health Science University of Maiduguri, Organized by Local Societies Initiatives and the Association for the Study of Interplay between Religion and Science (ASIRS), 29th -31st May 2006.
- NATAIS Annual Conference, 29th December 2005 -2nd January 2006 at Uthman Danfodio University, Sokoto, Theme: “Terrorism and Arabic/ Islamic Education”.
- NATAIS Annual Conference held at the Kwara State College of Education, Ilorin between 23rd-25th February 2005, Theme: “Religion and National Security”.
- NATAIS 24th National Conference held between 14th – 18th November 2004 at the Niger State College of Education, Minna, Theme: “Education Crisis in Nigeria: Arabic and Islamic Studies Perspective”.
- International Dacwah Seminar on “Training the Trainers”, organized by the Islamic Federation of Student Organizations (IIFSO) held at the Islamic Education Trust, Minna, Niger State. Between 27th December, 1993 to 2nd January, 1994.
- First National Conference on Education and the Nigerian National Question organized by the Kano between 10th and 12th October, 1994. Presented a paper titled: “An Appraisal of Educational Policies and Practices of Civilian and Military Administrations in Kwara State. (1967-1994).
XIII. COMMUNITY SERVICES:
- Member, Memorization Competition Hosted by Kwara State Government with Al-Hikmah University as Venue. 2017
- Member Secretariat Committee, Kwara State Committee on Religious Matters at a Seminar for Religious Preachers, 2008.
- Chairman, Communique Committee Seminar Organised by Kwara State Committee on Religious Matters for Political Parties, 2008
- Chairman Board of Governors, Ansaru‘l-Islam Secondary School, Oko-Ode 2005-date
- Chairman, Abudul Azeez Attah Group of School PTA 2004-date
- Secretary, Community for Publication of History on Ifelodun Local Government Area (1976-2003) 2004
- Member, Kwara State, Technical Committee on Hajj, 2002
- Public Relations Officer, Unilorin Muslim Community 1996-2000
- Presenter of Sirata’l-Mustaqim, A Weekly Islamic Discussion Programme on NTA Ilorin. 1995-2002
- Executive Secretary, Kwara State Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board 1995-1998
- Assistant Secretary, Islamic Welfare Foundation (IWF) Kwara State Branch. 1992-1994
- Secretary, Shari-cah Committee to the Nigeria Dacwah Co-ordination Council (NDCC) 1992-1994
- Secretary-General, Muslim Corpers Association of Nigeria 1987-1988
- Chief Missioner, Unilorin Muslim Ladies Circle 1985-date
- Member Accreditation Committee of the National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE) to Adamu Augie College of Education, Argungun, Kebbi State 3rd to 6th February 2009 2009
- Member Accreditation Committee of the National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE) to Borno College of Legal and Islamic Studies and KASHIM IBRAHIM COE Maiduguri Borno State 5th to 10th December, 2007 2007
- Part Time Principal Lecturer/Facilitator in Islamic Studies and Masters in
- Public Administration (MPA), National Open University (NOUN), Ilorin Centre 2008-date
- Adjunct Lecturer in the College of Management and Social Sciences, Department of General Studies, Fountain University Oshogbo 2008-2010
- External Member of Interview Panel, Fountain University, Osogbo 2017-date
- Chairman Publicity and Member, Local Organization Committee (LOC) 4th International Conference on Islamic Universities by the International Institute of Islamic Thought (IIIT) October 2017 2017
XIV. EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
(a) Within Al-Hikmah University
- Member, Planning and Implementation Committee (PIC) 1998-2004
- Pioneer Acting Head of Department, Islamic Studies 2006-2009
- Chairman, Socio-Cultural Sub-Committee of the Extra Curricular
- Activities Committee, 2006-2010
- Chairman, Al-Hikmah Flag Design Committee 2006
- Member, Students Disciplinary Committee (SDC), 2006-2012
- Member, Al-Hikmah University Marketing Committee 2008-2011
- Member, Accreditation Implementation Committee for the University 2008
- Member, Students’ Utility Committee 2008
- Pioneer Editor, Al-Hikmah Journal for the Humanities, 2008-2012
- Acting Director Information Unit 2009-2011
- Member, Editorial Board of the Spring Board Journal,
- Al-Hikmah University Ilorin, 2009-date
- Pioneer Registrar/Secretary to Governing Council 2011 – 2012
- Member, Ceremonials Committee 2011
- Chairman, Publicity Sub-committee, 1st Convocation Ceremony 2011
- Member, University Hijrah Celebration Committee 2011-date
- Member, Inter-University Qur’an Recitation Committee 2013-date
- Chairman, University Documentary Committee 2015-date
- Acting Director, Academic Planning Unit 2016-date
- Director, Centre for Part Time and Professional Studies 2016
- Secretary, Academic Programme Planning Committee (APPC) 2016-date
- Chairman, Exams Time Table and Space Allocation Committee
- Tutor, JUPEB (Islamic Studies)
- Secretary to the Board of Trustees, Al-Hikmah University 2018-date
(b) Outside Al-Hikmah University
- National Social Secretary, Unilorin Alumni Association 2016-date
- National Secretary, Omo Ibile Igbomina 2009-2016
- National Financial Secretary, Unilorin Alumni Association 1993-1995
- National Assistant Secretary, Unilorin Alumni Association 2007-2016
- Ex-Officio Member, Kwara State Branch of the Unilorin Alumni Association 1995-1996
- National Publicity/Social Secretary, Egbe Omo Igbomina. 1998-2000
- Foundation Director-General, Association for Master in Public Administration
- Students (AMPAS), Unilorin. 1992-1996
- Sectary-General, Kwara State Branch Muslim Students’ Society of
- Nigeria (MSS) 1985-1986
(c) Outstanding Contributions to Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin
- Facilitated the donation of N75 million Naira (in installments) by the Former Governor of Kano State Alh. (Dr.) Ibrahim Shekarau for the construction of Science Laboratory of the University 2006-2009
- Facilitated the Annual Bursary awards to the best students of Arabic and Islamic Studies (100-400 levels) by the Education Welfare Foundation, Lagos 2009-date
- Facilitated the Annual Zakat of N1million Naira from the Wahab Folawiyo Foundation to Al-Hikmah University Ilorin 2011-date
- Facilitates the monthly Special Prayer of AROIF as a spiritual value for the sustenance of Al-Hikmah University 2006-date
- Initiated the 1st National Conference on Security and National Development by the Faculty of Humanities and Social Science 2013
- Facilitated the donation of sum of N860,000 (Eight Hundred and Sixty 2014 Thousand Naira Only by the Former Governor of Kano State Mallam (Dr.) Ibrahim Shekarau for the Production of the Publication (2 volumes) of the proceedings of 1st National Conference on “Security and National Development in Nigeria”.
- Facilitates annual Annonymous Scholarship Awards to Indigent Students of Al-Hikmah University 2010-date
- Volunteered my personal car TOYOTA CAMRY Registration No EJ 167 SMK for the use of the Vice-Chancellor (Prof. R.D. Abubakre)in the absence of an official car 2008-2010
- Initiated the Annual Hijrah lecture to mark the Hijrah Celebrations at Al-Hikmah University (since 2011) 2011
REFEREES AND ADDRESSES:
Prof Sulaiman Age Abdulkareem
Vice Chancellor, University of Ilorin
Prof. M.A. Akanji,
Federal University of Technology, Minna.
Prof. Rasheed A. Raji
Former Dean, Postgraduate School