ADMISSION INTO TOP-UP (DEGREE AND HND CONVERSION) PROGRAMME

Click to Apply for TopUp Admissions

PHILOSOPHY

The Top-Up (Degree and HND Conversion) Programme provides a platform where opportunities are made available for quality university education for the target beneficiaries.

OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME:

The Objectives of the Al-Hikmah University Top-Up (Degree and HND Conversion) Programme are:

• To provide suitable academic programmes that would facilitate conversion from HND to university degree certification.
  • To make available contents and instructions that would upgrade the quality of university degrees from Third Class and/or Pass.
  • To facilitate university education, that will lead to change of degree/career, where necessary.

WHO IS THE PROGRAMME FOR?

• University graduates with Pass or Third Class degrees
  •  HND graduates desirable of University first degree
  •  Graduates with interest in career change (e.g.graduate of Chemistry wishing to change career to Accounting, etc).

AVAILABLE PROGRAMMES

B.Sc. Ed. Biology Education

B.Sc. Ed. Chemistry Education

B.Sc. Ed. Mathematics Education

B.Ed. Educational Management

B.Ed. Guidance and Counselling

ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS

Candidates must satisfy the following admission

requirements:

•  Applicants must possess a minimum of five (5) O’Level subjects at credit level in relevant subjects in not more than two (2) sittings in the subjects relevant to their proposed programmes. English Language at credit level is compulsory for all candidates. In addition, credit in Mathematics is compulsory for candidates seeking admission into Programmes in the Colleges of Management Sciences, Natural Sciences and some Education Courses.
  •  Minimum of Third Class Honors or Pass degree or HND certificate from a recognized institution.
  • Completion or exemption from the mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Scheme.

TUITION

The tuition fee is N150,000 per academic session with flexible instalmental payment.

DURATION OF PROGRAMME

Two (2) years of six (6) semesters (15 weeks per semester).

LECTURE/CONTACT PERIOD

Lectures shall take place during weekends.

METHODS OF APPLICATION

i. Applicants for the Top-Up Programme should complete the application form online at www.alhikmah.edu.ng and pay a non-refundable fee of N10, 000.

ii. Print the duly completed form.

iii. Present the duly completed form with relevant credentials (original and photocopies) and printed receipt at the Centre for Part-Time and Professional Studies for screening.

For further enquiries, contact:

Dr. D. I. Jimoh (Ag. Director): +2348056551648

Administrative Officer/Secretary: +2348069392442

ALHAJA (CHIEF) R. M. OLADIMEJI

Registrar & Secretary to Council

Click to Apply for TopUp Admissions

79 Comments

• habibullahi

pls according to wat u said, u said we can pay it as installment, pls enlight us more better.
    2. pls wen is lecture goin to commence?
    3. when is admission and school fees goin to close?
    4. thanks for understanding.

• habibullahi

pls according to what you said, you said we can pay it as installment, pleases enlighten us more better.
      2. please when is lecture going to commence?
      3. when is admission and school fees going to close?
      4. thanks for understanding.

• Isa Idrisa

Hello Alhikma, I wanted to apply for Bsc. Chemistry but I haven’t see it on your list of available courses.
    Please reply.
    Secondly, may I know the closing date please.

• Info Centre

Hello Isa,

I am glad to inform you that the admission and lecture is ongoing. Just go to admissions.alhikmah.edu.ng to begin.

Thanks

• Afolabi A Luqman

Good day sir, pls I would like to ask like how many times the school fees can be paid. ( As you said above that, flexible instalments)

• OYEKAN OYETUNDE

please,may i know if an applicant with hnd in geology can be admitted to study BA ED in english.? i meet all the admission requirements.thanks in anticipation of your prompt response

• jekayode

Yes. Thanks

• MUSTAPHA abdulrasaq

I studied mathematics edu previous, can I change my course to computer science for the top up programme

• jekayode

You are welcome.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Please proceed to the admissions portal http://admissions.alhikmah.edu.ng/ to start.

Regards

Regards

• Rebecca

Please am presently still doing my HND in Lagos and I will like to apply as soon as am through but don’t know if you have annex in Lagos

Thank you for you interest in Alhikmah University
        Its unfortunate we dont have any annex in Lagos

• Temilola

Pls am still in my nysc year,serving in Ilorin and my certificate is not ready from my school can I still apply

Thank for your interest in Al-Hikmah University,
      Yes you can apply, Temilola
      Thank you.

• Lasisi Abidemi Ismaila

Salam alaekun,
    My son has 3rd Class in Computer Science and he is about to start NYSC Programme in Kwara State. Is he eligible to start the top-up programme during his service year. Thanks and best regards

Thank for your interest in Al-Hikmah University,
      Yes he is eligible, you can contact the Centre for Top-up programme
      Thank you.

• KEN

Goodday, the certificate to be issued at the end of the 2 years programme, would it bear “Top Up” or like the regular undergraduate certificate?

Dear Ken
      Thanks for your interest in Alhikmah University
      No the certificate wont have top-up on it, its a degree certificate just like every other degree certificate.

• Shari tori

Someone with a third class, after doing the top up would the person get a second class upper?

Dear Shari Tori
      Yes, and that’s why the Top-up degree is here so one could earn the desired grade
      Thank you for your interest in Alhikmah

• Saheed Sekinah

Good day sir, pls is possible for me to change my hnd Bus/admin to BSC economics even when I don’t have economics in my o,level result ,but am sure I know and understand economic course

Dear Sekinah,
      Thanks for your interest in Alhikmah University
      I believe the Centre for Part time and Professional Studies and Admission Office will be in the best position to respond to your question.
      Please make use of the details below to get prompt response from the admission office regarding you inquiry.
      For Admission enquiries, call: 07032754666, 08079893012, 08026219669, 08185473127. or Email: [email protected]
      Wish you a great day.

• KUDU IBN MOHAMMED

I have paid but can’t login my account again to complete my registration………….. Need help please………… Thanks

Dear Kudu,
      You can go to the ICT Centre and request them to help you out with this issue.
      Thanks and have a nice day.

• dauda

am a HND graduate of bus admn and am currently serving in osun state,am I eligible to enrol for the programme…. also I want to change to Bsc economics

Dear Dauda,
      Thanks for your interest in Alhikmah University
      Yes you are eligible.
      Wish you a great day.

• AJIBOLASS

one blogger updated it dat alhikma is offering biochemistry and microbiology for top up, but the two programs is not available on this main site, also to know the minimum amount for the installment

Dear Ajibolass,
      Thanks for your interest in Alhikmah University
      Wish you a great day.

• Violet

1. please after the top up degree program, would the certificate be recognized to work anymwhere?
    2. After the 2 years program, would there be another nysc service?

Dear Violet.
      Thanks for your interest in Alhikmah University,
      Yes the Certificate is recognised like every other degree anywhere

• Abubakar

Pls I want to confirm if there is Estate management and valuation @alhikimah

• Tunde

Hello alhikmah, here are the questions i got for you
    1. Where is alhikmah university located in Nigeria and in which city?
    2. Will there be industrial training during this program like normal university program?
    3. Assuming i have bsc/hnd computer science (science) as my previous certificate then i want to change it to banking and finance(commercial) is it possible? If yes, am i going to use my computer science O’level subjects for the banking and finance or write another SSCE that will meet the requirement of banking and finance?
    4. What is the difference between this top up program and post graduate program?
    5. The tuition fee 150,000 will be paid twice making 300,000 till the end of the program or is there any other payment that is unmentioned on the website?
    6. Does the school have branches to cater for this program? If yes can you list them.
    7. At what period is the top up program made available? And how can we know it is available?
    8. Can a candidate be running his or her Nysc and alhikmah top up program simultaneously?
    I have asked all this questions in order to prepare my mind. Thanks.
    Waiting for your replies.
    My mail [email protected].

Dear Mr Tunde,
      Thanks for your interest in Alhikmah
      Firstly, Alhikmah University is located in Adewole estate, Ilorin kwara State,
      2. Yes, there will be industrial training like every other institution.
      3. Yes you can there is a programme called HND conversion and Top-up degree which allows HND holders to convert to BSC or other BSC holders to go for another degree of their choice.
      4. With Top-up programme you will be awarded degree with Postgraduate programme you will be awarded your PG certificate(PGDE/MSC)
      5. In the course of your 2 years for the Top-up degree your are to pay 300,000 which can be paid installmentally N50,000 every semester for the 6 semesters you will spend.
      6. The programme is being run in the university’s main campus
      7. right the admission is going on for the stream 3 batch.
      8. Yes, you can run both together at the same simutaneously.
      Thanks for your interest in Alhikmah
      God bless

• Adeniran Sheriffdeen

Is it through that HND result will be withdraw from its Holder after the completion of the Top Up program

Thanks for your interest in Alhikmah
      In regards to your inquiry, thats totally untrue, your HND certificate is yours and it will remain yours

• Tunde

Thanks for your repies.
    Does the top-up programmes has anything to do with jamb?

• mamman

Morning, pls I want to know if you run a top up program in Engineering

• Idris O. Ibraheem

No, there is no engineering courses for top-up programme

• Adeniran Sheriffdeen

I have been trying to make the registration payment for the purchase of the Pop-up program form, but for all the times I have been try it, it’s unsuccessful. is there any other way I can take to make the payment aside from using the portal. or can I make the payment by walk-in to any of those bank branches? if yes how will I go about it
    Thanks

• Idris O. Ibraheem

Go the Centre for Top-up programme in school and make complain

• Bolarinwa Enoch Oluwafemi

I want to know if Holders of professional certificate like ICAN, CIBN etc can also do the Top-up. Anticipating your reply.

Thanks for your interest in Alhikmah University,
      Yes, as long as he/she possesses HND or a degree certificate
      Thanks

• Rolake

please is there top-up programme for architecture?

No, sir

• kolawole

HND holders with pass grade can also apply?

Yes, they can apply.

• Son

Please is the 6 semester duration in 2 years a mandatory rule from NUC? ‘Or why can’ t it be run for 4 semesters? Or it was established by alhikamah University to ease the students financially and from stress. Pls reply

Its by NUC regulation
      Thanks

• zadok

Good day. I am Interested in your top up programme and would like to know if i can study from Abuja as I currently work Mondays to Fridays. Thanks

• Idris O. Ibraheem

Well its weekend lectures and i think yes you can apply

• Popoola

Good day,
    Is the conversion application form for this year available?

Yes the 4th stream admission is on going

• Idris O. Ibraheem

Yes but it will soon be closing

• Kehinde

Good day dear Alhikmah,
    I am fresh graduate (2017/18) of Kwara State Polytechnic, Ilorin. preparing for NYSC, please can I enroll for the top up program as am preparing going for NYSC.
    Thanks.

• Idris O. Ibraheem

yes you can and thanks for your interst in Alhikmah

• Yemisi

Please, Is the form still available and when will it close?

The stream 5 form will be on sale in few weeks time

• Ayinde Ibrahim

is the registration still on ???? is there any other fee like departmental fee?

• Idris O. Ibraheem

The registration for the 5th stream will soon commence you can apply for that.

• yusuf

good day, please is there any course for environmental student

• Idris O. Ibraheem

Thanks for your interest in Alhikmah,
      For now there is no any course for now regarding your request, hopefully soon
      Thanks once again

• OJO FOLASHADE

Good Morning, please want to find out when the next top up program will commence and i will like to know if it is for muslims brethen alone, thanks..

in 3 weeks time sir

• Afeez Azeez

Please sir, I am a chartered accountant (ICAN) with OND in accounting, Can i use this for the conversion programme, I will also like to serve because i have not served before.

No sir,
      You cant use it, Thank you for your interest in Alhikamh University

• Shola

Please can i use M.Sc Pols Science, B.Sc Pols Science, with relevant O level Physics and Chemistry requirements to apply for TOP UP Computer Science? i’m currently in the IT sector and armed with crucial certifications. Than yoy

• Idris O. Ibraheem

Yes, you can as long as you have Maths, English, Physics and Chemistry, even if you have some you can still apply
      Thanks for your interest in Alhikmah University

• Idris O. Ibraheem

You will need Maths and English too, if you have these then you can apply and even without it as well

• Peace

Good day Sir, do you have a center for this program in Abuja.

No, only in Ilorin Kwara State

No sir,
      The programme is running here in the main campus alone

• Sulaiman

I have pass in my HND level ,if I go for top up .will my result upgrade from pass to upper credit ,am confused.

• Idris O. Ibraheem

If you for Top-up, you can graduate with a better and presentable grade sir

• Ayanleye Adewale

Hello, please when is the next batch of the programme.. I have a pass in industrial chemistry, I would love to do top up in chemistry or better still industrial chemistry.. also I should be starting my NYSC this month or November as the case may be.. I have choosing Kwara state as one on my preferred state, praying I should be posted there… can I apply??

Yes you can apply

• Umoh, Philip Oscar

Thanks for this opportunity. I wish to upgrade and change my third class grade in Anatomy to a better grade in B. Sc. Ed. Biology Education.
    If I apply and make payment now, which stream will I join to enroll?

You are welcome,
      we look forward to having you

• Mr Alabi

Hello… Is the registration currently on?
    If No, when will registration commence?
    If yes, when will the registration close and when will the new session start.
    Thanks

• Idris O. Ibraheem

The registration is on and the session is already on as well

Leave us a Comment